Tiffany tagged me in one of those, ‘tell me more about yourself memes.’
Let the navel gazing commence!
There are some rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
4. Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
5. Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
Eleven things about me!
- I only eat vanilla ice cream. Only. Despite what we, the gullible public, have been lead to believe vanilla is neither boring nor plain. I’ve tried other flavors. Strawberry, chocolate, rum raisin. They’re just ok. Other flavors just pale in comparison to the wonderful simpleness of a bowl of vanilla ice cream. And chocolate ice cream always tastes like coffee to me. Always. I’ve tried different brands and I always get the same result.
- I the worst short term memory. If I go to the store without a list to pick up milk, bread and cheese (3 things! I can totally remember that!) I will return with milk, apples and hummus.
- I’m pretty insecure about how pale my kids are. I love them and I love that look so much like their dad (who I also love). But I wish they at least looked a little like me. If only to stop the stares and the always awkward “Are they yours?”
- Most music bugs me. I don’t just mean pop, or rock or country or rap. I mean most music as it exists. I listen to talk radio in the car. Specifically Howard Stern. When I do listen to music, it’s either 90s rock, 50s doo-wop or show tunes. I love the Wicked soundtrack.
- I’m a freak midget. Sure 5’4″ seems normal and average, but when you come from a family of giants (Dad: 6’1″ Mom: 5’9″ Younger Cooler Sister: 5’8″), you’re the odd one out.
- I have a complete and total inability to stick to things. Workout routines, diets, organizing. Within 3 weeks it all falls apart. It probably ties back to #2. I’m just so easily dis-SQUIRREL!
- I’m a liberal. A bleeding heart dirty filthy hippie liberal to be exact. I’m all for socialized medicine and a women’s right to choose and for gay people to get married.
- I want to live in an intentional community. That’s what they’re called now. They used to be called communes.
- I avoid conflict like it owes me money. I’m a peacekeeper. Or a pushover depending on who you ask.
- I love sushi. LOVE IT. I’d eat it everyday if I could afford it. And since we’re being honest: I even ate it while pregnant. Both times. Flame me. I can take it.
- I was originally an English major before I switched to nursing. I love to write and edit and write. I used to diagram sentences in grade school for fun. I would edit papers for free, just because I enjoyed it. I wonder how different my life would be if I stuck with it instead of switching to something more “practical.”
And now for Tiffany’s questions:
How many times do you wear a pair of jeans before you wash them?
Um, until they’re visibly soiled. Opps, I mean three times.
What’s the last thing you cooked?
Lentil tacos. I am terrible at cooking lentils. All I ever want to make is Tarka Dal which nobody else in my family wants to eat. Ever.
What’s the last thing you ate?
I swiped my kids “fruit” snacks. Oh, who am I kidding? I buy them for myself.
When’s the last time someone else touched your hair?
Hahahaha, I HATE when people touch my hair. Chris doesn’t even touch my hair. I just…don’t like it. But if I had to guess, it would be Thalia. She likes to pull on the twists when I wear them and watch them spring.
How would you describe your decorating style?
I really like anything modern with bright colors and clean lines. I really really really love the John and Sherry‘s house. I want them to adopt me just so I can live in it. Click the link and check out their kitchen. And you should the before picture! I need them to decorate my life.
Name one trend you wish you hadn’t gotten drawn into.
I am not ashamed to say that I am terminally unhip. Do the cool kids even say hip? Or is that so uncool and ironic it’s cool? I don’t really follow trends due the fact that I don’t know what they are.
Do you know all of your siblings’ kids’ birthdays by memory?
My Younger Cooler Sister doesn’t have any kids so no worries there. Yet. When she does, I will not be able to remember. I am just not good with dates. I continually forget our anniversary.
What kind of lip balm do you use?
Whatever I happen to dig out of my pocket, Chapstick, Chap–Aid, Burt’s. I’m not picky. If I’m wearing makeup, I like Clinique Black Honey. So pretty and flattering.
If you could own a vacation home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Either Japan or New Zealand. The only place I’ve traveled is Jamaica and The Bahamas. I am so sick of the Caribbean. Totally a first world problem.
What’s the last book you read? Was it good?
The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout. I like non-fiction books. It was really interesting. I recommend it.
What’s your biggest time-suck? A hobby? Reality television? Something else?
The internet! The entire thing! Somehow the internet has the ability to turn “I’ll just check my email real quick” into a 3 hour Tumblr excursion in which I neglect my schoolwork, my sewing, my kids, eating….I really need to minimize my internet time….She writes on her blog. Which she tweets about.
- Breakfast? Most important meal or skip it?
- If you had a TARDIS, where would you go?
- Favorite fruit?
- Flats, heels, or barefoot?
- BooBerry or Count Chocula?
- First car?
- Pick a superpower
- What’s your last meal?
- Cat, dog or other? And why?
- You’re having a crappy day, what’s the thing that always cheers you up?
- What’s your dream job?
And that’s it. It’s not eleven because I have to go referee the tiny MMA fighters that are my kids.