Best Damn Muffins Evah
Behold: The best damn muffins evah. Yes. EVAH. They are packed full of fruit and yogurt and no oil or butter. I could call by their ingredient name: Yogurt banana muffins with chocolate chips. But best damn muffins evah clearly gets the point across.
NO butter! I’m serious about these being healthy. But they are still delicious. I love butter. I am full believer that “fat is flavor” but these are good even in the absence of butter.
They do have chocolate chips. But, in case you haven’t heard, chocolate is good for you. Yay, Science! I used 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and1/2 cup peanut butter chips. Peanut butter loves chocolate which loves bananas. It’s a delicious love triangle.
I don’t eat breakfast very often. I prefer to catch a few more minutes of sleep. In the choice between delicious breakfast and a few more warm sleepy minutes under the down feathers, sleep wins every time. These muffins are spectacular. I’m not just saying that because I make them monthly.
I recommend you eat these warm. Yes, the chocolate will melt and get all over your hands. But these are so good you will not care. After they cool, just pop one in the microwave for 15 seconds. They’ll make your morning better. Or eat them frozen! Chris does. He says they’re like frozen waffles except MUCH better.
If you’re into nuts, I’m sure you could toss in a handful but I’m not a nutty person. Puns are fun!
- 1¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mashed bananas
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease up a muffin pan. Use liners if you like, but I don’t line my muffins.
- Two over ripe bananas all mashed up equal about a cup of mashed bananas.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In another smaller bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, applesauce and vanilla. Stir the wet stuff into the dry stuff.
- DO NOT OVERMIX THIS! I can not state this enough. This isn’t cupcake batter. If you do overmix the batter your muffins will turn out as dry and hard little bricks.
- Just mix it together until just barely combined. It will look like it needs to be mixed more. It doesn’t!
- Fold in the bananas and chocolate chips. Fold! Do not stir!
- Bake for 20-25minutes. My oven is terrible so check on it after about 18 minutes.